November 10, 2012

The Quote

Psyche did not fall in love with a horrible wretch, she did not fall in love at all. Still more strange, no one fell in love with her. Men were content to look and wonder and worshipand then pass on to marry someone else. 

The above text was quoted from Mythology by Edith Hamilton. The love story of Cupid and Psyche was the reason why I bought the said book as reference. But after my two novels, Cupid’s Trick and Cupid’s Arrow, are already published my friend insisted I read a book that retells the story of Cupid and Psyche. During that time my interest with Cupid subside somehow so I'm not really interested in reading the book she's suggesting. But then, after reading the book entitled Cupid it made me appreciate more the books I had written. It made me laughed and I was mesmerized on how Julius Lester tells a story and shares his comments and personal views while doing so.

During high school I remembered our teacher asking us to read and discuss a mythology story. Most of us are confuse. We were wondering how we're going to discuss a story that we're reading and couldn't understand in the first place. I think a lot of us couldn't grasp the idea that there are other gods and goddesses. Luckily, our teacher was kind enough to explain each paragraph. But still, I wasn't hook with mythology then. Actually, I was never a fan of Greek mythology until after reading and writing about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 The Chronicles of Cupid, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena