November 9, 2012

The Beginning

Once upon a time there was a girl who, despite being rejected a few times by an editor, keeps on writing, and writing, and writing. Until finally, she was able to published her own story with a happy ending.

I wish I could tell the beginning of my writing career as simple as that. But I couldn't so here goes.

I started writing Cupid's Trick during the time I already received the well-known e-mail letter that starts with... "Ikinalulungkot po naming sabihin..." and I think (if I'm not mistaken) I had received it six times before I finally decided to write a new story. 

The manuscripts I initially sent was a trilogy. I sent the three manuscripts in one e-mail so I also received the feedback for each book in one e-mail. But I count it as six because after receiving the first batch of feedback I tried revising each story then I sent it again in one e-mail. So there... you do the Math.

After receiving another e-mail I asked myself why my manuscripts were rejected. I even thought of the possible reasons why it wasn't good enough to be published. And until now, whenever I send my manuscript I would tell myself that my story might be rejected. I am not being pessimistic here. It's just that I knew I'm a newbie and there's a big possibility that what I wrote wasn't interesting enough to a lot of people. But what's important for me is that there's a certain person who would read my work and give me the evaluation I needed in order for me to realize what I needed to do. 

With these experience I'd say I learned a lot. And I want to keep learning. 

Looking back, it felt like I've been on a journey and sometimes it felt like a dream I'm just trying to remember. Then, I'll asked myself if that really happened.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 The Chronicles of Cupid, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena